Saturday, February 28, 2009

Mum, do you like being a woman?

“Why not?” She avowed softly. She knew shouting was out of it because it wouldn’t get me off her. She only cast me a knowing glance. I’ve been known to ask such questions. And on that day, I didn’t disappoint. This conversation took place recently.

“Why are you asking?” Mum asked, searching my mischievous thought….and I liked the suspense I was getting.

“Look at it. I just came in now and you quickly rushed to get me my meal while dad still sat where he was. Not just that alone, you packed and cleared the table after I had finished eating. I know you will tell me it’s a mother’s love. But don’t tell me fathers don’t like their sons too. Ok, am sure if I were a girl, you would have asked me to go to the kitchen and get my food.

As I talked, I made a gesture, angling my right arm in a superman fashion so that I could kiss my bicep. And I actually did kiss it. That act beggared amusement from dad who had been watching us all the time.

“What’s the meaning of that?” Mum asked.
“It simply means a man will always be a man, no matter what.”

As we talked on, severally reasons why mum should be a man in her next world (if there was anything like reincarnation) rattled for space in my fertile mind. I withheld them, but couldn’t help an elaborate reminiscence of how I used to serve mum and dad their meals after cooking. I used to be the family cook back then, bla bla bla…Now the table is turned.

Hey, would you rather retain your sex if you had an opportunity to make a change? For me, certainly I wouldn’t want to be a human being. Being an inanimate object will be better. Perhaps water…or better NIGHT…so that I can scare everyone. Even you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Omo mennnn... lol. I like being a woman far too much. Sure I would love to not have to shave, or see GYNs or you know "be good" (sometimes), but there are too many good things about being a girl. Being fabulous is just the start of it. (Men are not allowed to be fabulous just so you know...)

Would you change?

Kenn-Knotty said...

Hmmmmmmm
*With my right thumb to my jaw*...Sure u want to sell a freezer to an Eskimo? I will think about it girl.
Hey, thanks for stopping by at my blog -Am loving it.